> Dear all,
>
> Does anyone know of a way to automatically remove the history from a
> browser ie using a script, so that using the browser's back button will
> not
> display the previous page visited?

        [Scott, John F]

        No, and I'd be interested why you feel it necessary?

        The back button is an important part of the user's navigational
tools - since before the web, it's been accepted that the ability to
backtrack through a complex hypertext structure is vital to the user feeling
comfortable with the experience.

        David Canter wrote a paper in the late 80's mapping how people
travel through linked data files - novice users especially made much use of
short 'out and back' trips from known locations.

        Sorry that that isn't much of a bibliographic citation, but I'm
drawing on 10 year old research :-)

        John