Thanks VERY much John, I was aware of the product, but hadn't yet found
anyone using it. Brilliant! Cheryl Coveney

-----Original Message-----
From: John Green [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 04 October 2001 11:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: New to VLEs!

Hi Cheryl,
pleased to see your interest in the FENC resources. As you may know they
have a product called Discovery which was developed as a front end access to
the collection of learning materials. We have been trying it out here and
are very pleased with its performance. It is a learning management system
rather than a full blown VLE, at least in its present form, but a browser
based version with added functions is on its way and I think the roadshow
may be the place to see that. If you want to precisely deliver FENC
materials, home grown tests and worksheets, study materials, weblinks etc to
groups or individuals, this does the job sweetly. It has its own authorware
and also accomodates the output of applications like Hot Potatoes, Viewlets
and whatever else you want to throw at it. It has a powerful reporting tool
that operates on some of the FENC materials and all the stuff you create in
the authoring suite. Links with the MIS system are only import /export
files, not dynamic links.
If you want to see it working, you would be welcome to visit here at
Worthing.

*******