Hello anyone interested in collecting, archiving, processing or using urban
rainfall data,

I have created a list whose purpose is to connect folks who have
professional interests in rainfall data in urban, peri-urban, metropolitan
or urbanizing areas. In particular I perceive a real need to connect folks
who manage urban rain networks with folks who need such data. Urban rainfall
is characterized by having a finer time and spatial resolution than rain
data covering wider areas. The reason for starting a new list is that it is
not obvious to non-users of special programs (e.g. SWMM) that useful
discussion on rainfall sometimes (frequently?) takes place on lists like
SWMM-USERS. There are already about 100 subscribers, including folks who
attend the series of international conferences on the subject. The list is
pretty quiet.

To subscribe email form your preferred email address just one line to:
The body should be:
        Subscribe urban-rain Your Name
Where "Your Name" is your commonly known name, e.g. Jane Doe

You will receive instructions.

By the way, spamming is strictly discouraged. Netiquette is suggested on my
website:
http://www.eos.uoguelph.ca/webfiles/james/
click on "My list servers" at the foot of the second column.

My hope is that folks around the world who happen to use different protocols
and models will nevertheless co-operate to improve information sharing and
ultimately the way we do our work.
Thanks.
Bill James
Multiple list owner