Check out www.conceptstew.co.uk - good interactive games with basic statistics in 'Statistics for the Terrified'

Jill
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Voltolini
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2001 2:45 PM
  Subject: The GOOD and FUN first day !

  Hi, I am a biologist and new to teaching Stats for undergraduate Biology students in a Brazilian University. I'd like to start off with something new in the first day class !!! The idea is to get the students attention for a GOOD and FUN world of thinking and avoid the idea that numbers are boring, not easy, not useful for biologists interested in cells, animals and plants and.... not in "math"... !!!

  Please send me what your suggestions !!! (this is not being easy with biologists.........)

  Thanks........       Voltolini

  Prof. J. C. Voltolini
  Grupo de Estudos em Ecologia de Mamiferos - ECOMAM
  Universidade de Taubate - Depto. Biologia
  Praca Marcellino Monteiro 63, Bom Conselho,
  Taubate, SP - BRASIL. 12030-010

  TEL: 0XX12-2254165 (lab.), 2254277 (depto.)
  FAX: 0XX12-2322947
  E-Mail: [log in to unmask]