According to the American Quality Society's Statistics Division statistical
thinking is defined as:

Statistical thinking is a philosophy of learning and action based on these
fundamental principles:
    All work occurs in a system of interconnected processes.
    Variation exists in all processes.
    Undestanding and reducing variation are keys to sussess.

It applies to our daily life in that everything we do (all work) can be
improved by applying the fundamental principles.

GRB