At 12:37 03/02/01, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I haven't read the books yet, so I can't say anything on their quality:

[snip]

>Bootstrapping : A Nonparametric Approach to Statistical Inference
>(Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences, Vol 95)
>by Christopher Z. Mooney, Robert D. Duval

Nice, small, readable.  Not too mathematical.

>Bootstrap Methods and Their Application (Cambridge Series in Statistical and
>Probabilistic Mathematics , No 1)
>by A. C. Davison, D. V. Hinkley

Big, more mathematical.    Uses SPlus (I think) for its examples.

>Those books can be bought at amazon.com.  If anyone has any information on
>the books, I would be glad to hear!

HTH,

JM

Jeremy Miles
Phone: 01332 592090, Fax: 01332 514323, Mobile: 07941 228018
Inst. of Behavioural Sciences, Derby University, Derby,   DE3 5GX, UK
http://ibs.derby.ac.uk/~jeremym