I am a member of staff at Teesside University and I am about to start to
research how members of staff perceive their IT skills and how important
they view IT as part of their teaching.  I am developing an online
questionnaire cover areas such as email, WWW, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
use of audio visual equipment in lecture theatres.  The aim of the project
is to have a greater understanding of how staff view IT which will
hopefully enable the Staff Development Unit within the University to focus
the development portfolio.

I would like to hear from anyone whose institution has carried out similar
projects as I am having difficulty at the moment finding any publications
surrounding this area.

Regards
Karen