Dear SPMers,

I have written some software to convert all Supermosaic dicom images in one directory to SPM analyze in batch mode.
The software is

 1.A little ansi c program (dcmsmosaic.c).

   It complies perfectly on windows and linux/freebsd ... (linux makefile included)
   Program input:
       the raw data file is the supermosaic dcm image without the header (can be done with xmedcon or vtk)
   Program output:
     A number of raw data files (as many as there are volumes in the file). The files are name sequentially, starting from <start number for output>
     to <start number for output>+<number of volumes>. The file name is left zero padded to span 4 digits.
     Each files represent the raw data of one volume with the slices stacked in memory, as it should be.

    An example :

    4 volumes with 8 slices per volume, the Supermosiac dicom file will look like this (volume slice)

    --------------------------------
    | 1a | 1b | 1c || 2a | 2b | 2c |
    --------------------------------
    | 1d | 1e | 1f || 2a | 2b | 2c |
    --------------------------------
    | 1g | 1h |    || 2a | 2b |    |
    ================================
    | 3a | 3b | 3c || 4a | 4b | 4c |
    --------------------------------
    | 3d | 3e | 3f || 4a | 4b | 4c |
    --------------------------------
    | 3g | 3h |    || 4a | 4b |    |
    --------------------------------
    The program will generate 4 files, numbered from a given startnumber to startnumber+nr of volumes.
    The slices will be stacked as follows:
        file i
        ia
        ib
    ic
    id
    ie
    if
    ig
    ih

Attention: my program does not work for inverted files. If there is need, I might program this.

2. An example linux/unix/freebsd/... shell script
    This script is an example of how to convert a directory of supermosaic dicom files to SPM analyze files.
    The only things you need to do is to install medcon (from (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmedcon/) and check out the path settings.
    It works perfectly on my machine ;-).

   !!!!!! Be sure to check the documentation in the source code and make the necessary adaptations in the software!!!!!

    If there are any problems or you alter/improve the source code, please contact me!!!!

Pieter Vandemaele