Dear SPM:

Changes seem to have crept into SPM_P  (2.5) => SPM_P_RF (2.9) that produce
different cluster threshold results. Since the results are more
conservative, activations we thought were present are now
non-significant.  I'd appreciate if someone could tell me which code is
correct.

The change is centered on lines 61-64 of both the old and new versions.

Version 2.5 of spm_p had
Em      = (R./G)*P;
EN      = P(1)*R(D);
Em      = Em + eps;
En      = EN/Em;

Version 2.9 of spm_p_rf now has
Em      = (R./G)*P;
EN      = P(1)*R(D);
En      = G(D)*P(1)/P(D);               % i.e. En = EN/Em;

The problem is that in the new version using the calculated EN and Em does
not produce the same result as the En equation. Thus if one uses debug and
steps through the spm_p_rf code then

EN/Em  ~=   G(D)*P(1)/P(D);

Thanks for any help with this.
Darren

Darren R. Gitelman, M.D.
Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer¹s Disease Center
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
WWW:  http://www.brain.northwestern.edu
Voice:   (312) 908-9023
Fax:  (312) 908-8789
Northwestern Univ., 320 E. Superior St., Searle 11-470, Chicago, IL 60611