Thankyou all for your valuable responses.  Both mricro and John Ashburner's
solutions work.  Though John Ashburner's m-file has the benefit of reslicing
the voxels (since ours are non-isotropic, that prevents distortion in mrGray).
 I suspect that if I spent a little with MRIcro, I could compensate as well,
but I have to go back to unfolding the hippocampus for now.

Again, Thanks to all of you for your prompt and valuable responses to my
cries for help.

Dianne Patterson
CNL
University of Arizona