Eric,
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Erik Chang
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 11:12 PM
Subject: SPM does not initiate in Linux 7.1

Hi, all,
We installed MATLAB R12 student version on Linux 7.1. While initiating spm99, the following error message came out and the spm window did not show up:

Warning: File: /usr/local/spm99/spm.m Line: 1286 Column: 30
Future versions of MATLAB will require that whitespace, a comma,
or a semicolon separate elements of a matrix. Please type
"help matrix_element_separators" at the MATLAB prompt for more information.
Don't worry about this, it is only a warning that the next version of matlab won't allow this type of syntax if I understand correctly.

??? Error using ==> spm_platform (init_platform)
GLNX86 not supported architecture for SPM
<snip>
Any suggestion concerning our situation?

Thanks,
Erik Chang

As I recall this GLNX86 error is corrected by downloading and installing the patches & bug fixes from the SPM ftp site:

ftp.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/spm/.spm99_updates

In particular it's the spm99_mexglx.tar.gz file that you need.

I'm sure the gurus on the list will correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope this helps,

Mark