Dear SPM authors and users;

I would like to know whether there is pitfall in my idea.

My idea is masking or removing white matter, CSF, or any part
that is not expected to show BOLD signal change from EPI data
before statistical computation. This will reduce the number of statistical comparisons
and confer more sensitivity. The masked or removed data may be
used to calculate "a global mean" that do not reflect coritical activity induced by
experimental tasks and seem more appropriate as an index of a base line drift of the signal.

Michiru MAKUUCHI Ph.D
assistant professor
Cognitive Neuroscience, Fac. of Med.
Univ. of Tokyo