Dear all,
This sounds very similar to my continuing speed problems with SPM99 , SGI's
Irix 6.5.9 and Matlab6...we are now accustomed to Registration taking many
hours.  It seems to help to start matlab without the gui interface
>matlab -nojvm
But I can't help thinking that it may be important to optimize SPM99 for
the new matlab in some way....I look forward to hearing more discussion
of these problems.

Dianne Patterson
University of Arizona