Dear SPM experts!

Sorry if  I repeat my question. I would be very grateful for any advice
regarding this issue. So I am trying it again...

 We are performing a bloc design fMRI experiment with 4 sessions/subject

 (100 scans/session TR 3 sec).
 Each session consists of 10 blocs (each of ~10 scans length, slightly
varying, exact bloc lengths are entered in the Design matrix)
 The order of conditions is as follows:

 session 1:    E C B D A C A D E B
 session 2:    A D B C E B E D A C
 session 3:    B A E D C B E A C D
 session 4:    C D E A B A E B D C

where A-D are four different 'active' conditions and E is a 'rest'
condition.
we are interested in the effects of each individual condition A-D
against rest (1 0 0 0 -1, 0 1 0 0 -1, 0 0 1 0 -1, 0 0 0 1 -1) conditions
AB / CD against rest (1 1 0 0 -2, 0 0 1 1 -2) and differences of
activation between the 'active' conditions A-D (1 1 -1 -1 0, -1 -1 1 1
0, 1 -1 0 0 0, 1 0 -1 0 0 ....).

 We built a design matrix with 5 different conditions, variable SOA's
and
 variable durations, defining the blocs as events of different length,
basic function 'hrf only'.

SPM now offers us a default high pass filter of 177 213 176 152 sec.

 We do not really understand how these cut offs are calculated and why
they
 differ that much between sessions. (if it is calculated as twice the
 minimum of the maximum interval between corresponding conditions as
 mentioned in earlier mails we would for example suppose a cut off of 2
x 20 scans x 30 sec = 120 sec [interval between two periods of condition
A] for  session 1  and 4).
In our study all conditions appear twice. Which condition determines the
high pass? The one which has the shortest interval between condition
specific blocs? (A in sessions 1,4; E in sessions 2,3?)

 Thank you very much for your help

 Bernhard

 Dr. B. Haslinger
 Neurologische Klinik