Hello Mark,

> dI am trying to find the center of mass for evaluation of both the size of
> the voxel and also the volume of the voxel itself.  Does anyone know of a
> way to do this using spm or must you use matlab to do so? if so what is the
> best way at going about this.
> thankyou for your help
> mark

I really wouldn't know if SPM supports this. When automated the normalisation of PET images, I also had to set the origin in the .mat-files as the normalisation routines are very sensitive to translations in the starting transformation.
Attached is a try-out program I used to compute the centre of mass in a volume. It is very general, but I think it can be embedded very easily if you are willing to write your own matlab functions.

Hope this helps,
Alle Meije Wink

--

 Alle Meije Wink

 Institute for Mathematics and Computing Science, room 105
 University of Groningen                 P.O. Box 800
                                         9700 AV Groningen
 Telephone +31 50 363 71 27              The Netherlands
 Fax:      +31 20 875 48 00
 E-mail:   [log in to unmask]
 WWW:      http://www.cs.rug.nl/~wink

 " I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really.
   Get busy living, or get busy dying. "
 (Andy Dufresne in The Shawshank Redemption)