While it is similar to that derived empirically by Zarahn and colleagues,
I think the HRF used in SPM was actually derived by Karl Friston from
a PCA across activated voxels (activation as determined by a Fourier set)
from the data described in Josephs et al. (1997), but apologies to anyone
concerned if my historical understanding is wrong.

--
---------------------------8-{)}-------------------------

DR R HENSON
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience &
Wellcome Department of Cognitive Neurology
17 Queen Square
London, WC1N 3AR
England

EMAIL:  [log in to unmask]