Dear Ming-Ting,

> 1. The activation areas and sizes are not completely the same by the
> completely same threshold.
> Do this mean that normalization has some influence on the activation
> foci,
> not only the location but also the amplitude ans size?
> Is there anyone has similar experience?
My experience with activation maps is not that big, but I am familiar with some
of the preprocessing items. And one thing the normalisation does, is to equalise
the global mean of the normalised image to that of the template. So it might be
possibble that:
- the values the activated areas decrease a little (change in intensity)
- as a result, less of the activated areas is higher than the threshold, so less
is coloured.

> 2. I found the individual render image can provide the fashion of SPM99,
> i.e. 6 views. I need the display of SPM96 fashion, i.e. 8 views,
> including
> the medial aspects of the brain to see the cingulate and thalamus .......
> Is there anyone has a way to do display of individual render images with
> 8
> views? (maybe the default is SPM99 fashion, but some how we can define it
> do SPM96 fashion, just as the option provided by standard SPM99 for
> normalized data........)
Well, for example: install the spm96 software in a different directory, remove
the spm99 directory from your path temporarily (rmpath is a matlab function),
add the spm96 directory to your path (addpath). View your results and put back
the paths.I think the displaying functions of spm96 will also work with spm99
data.

> Deeply appreciate any help.
I hope this is it.

Best regards,
Alle Meije

--

 Alle Meije Wink

 Institute for Mathematics and Computing Science, room 105
 University of Groningen                 P.O. Box 800
                                         9700 AV Groningen
 Telephone +31 50 363 71 27              The Netherlands
 Fax:      +31 20 875 48 00
 E-mail:   [log in to unmask]
 WWW:      http://www.cs.rug.nl/~wink