Hi John,

I had the same question. Did you mean that we have to remove them after
the segmentation is done? Or is it possible that we can edit the
templates?

One more question: if MRI is not excellent in g/w differentiation, could
I use a reduced number of classes such as csf, brain tissue (without
separating g/w) and the rest to carry out the segmentation task? The aim
is to get the brain tissue (g+w) and csf.

Thanks,

wei
/**************************************************/
> How can we obtain a segmentation of the brain without cerebellum and
 > brain stem?

 I'm afraid you will need to do some manual editing.  There are a few
free
 packages out there that will do this, including:
         http://www.psychology.nottingham.ac.uk/staff/cr1/linux.html
         http://www.psychology.nottingham.ac.uk/staff/cr1/mricro.html

 Best regards,
 -John

/************************************************/

             | Wei Wen, PhD
             | Neuropsychiatric Institute
             | ( Rm 15A, McNevin Dickson Building )
   _--_|\    | Prince of Wales Hospital
  /      \   | Randwick, NSW 2031, Australia
        v    |
             | email:   [log in to unmask]
             | Voice:   +61-2-93823730
             | Fax:     +61-2-93823774
This email and the files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not permitted to distribute or use this message or any of its attachments in any way. We also request that you advise the sender of the incorrect addressing.

This note also confirms that this email message has been virus scanned and although no computer viruses were detected, South East Health accepts no liability for any consequential damage resulting from email containing any computer viruses.