the one difference is that the distortions are different for spiral compared to EPI, so the normalization may be off in regions with susceptibility problems.  It would be interesting to hear what the folks at
Stanford are doing now since spiral is their bread and butter - when I was there we played around with creating a spiral template but I'm not sure that it ever went into general use.

cheers
russ

--
Russell A. Poldrack, Ph. D.
Assistant Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School

Phone: 617-726-4060
FAX:  617-726-7422
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web Page: http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~poldrack