  From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On
Behalf Of Marco Tettamanti
  Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2001 5:20 PM
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: masking and RFX analysis

  Dear SPMers,
  there have been a couple of similar questions on this topic a while ago:
  http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0005&L=spm&P=R1286&D=0
  http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0006&L=spm&P=R7873&D=0
  but I couldn't find no clear answers to them.
  I also would like to perform some masking of contrasts at a second level
RFX analysis. Could someone please specifiy whether the following procedure
is correct:
  1) At the first level, compute for every single subject the statistical
map of say contrast x (Condition 1 vs Condition 2) masked with contrast y
(Conditions 3 vs Condition 4).
  2) Write filtered the maps obtained by step 1.
  3) Perform a second level RFX analysis (e.g. one-sample t-test) on the
images obtained by step 2.

  Thank you a lot for your help!
  Best wishes,

  Marco Tettamanti