Dear John & SPM

> I'm afraid I don't fully understand what you are doing.  The origins
> in normalised (nr*.img) images should differ from those of the
> (r*.img) un-normalised images.

there is obviously something fundamental I have misunderstood.  When
you say that normalisation changes the origin location, do you mean
that it changes the voxel coordinates but the anatomical location remains
the same, or vice versa?  I change the origin on the r* files so that
it is visually (using check reg)
in the same spot as the origin of the EPI template.  Following
normalisation, the origin of the nr* files is no longer in register
with that of the template - does this mean that normalisation has not
occurred correctly?  Should I change the origin again to be in the
same place as the EPI template before
smoothing and estimating the model such that the activations in the
glass brain are appropriately located?

Chris Summerfield
departament de psiquiatria i psicobiologia clinica
universitat de barcelona