Dear all.

I'm reposting this question.
There are 8 Abnormal and 6 control(Normal) subjects, and each 14 subject
have PET scanned once at their baseline and activation status.
I have done two SPM analysis to see deactivated regions even when they are
in activated status such as...

No.1. Abnormal group baseline and Abnormal group activation with contrast 1
-1
No.2. Normal group baseline and Abnormal group activation(same group as
above) with contrast 1 -1

... and there were results with deactivated regions on frontal lobe in the
two analysis above, but No.2 had a smaller area
than No.1 on frontal lobe.
Then I assumed that Abnormal baseline would be in more activated status
than Normal baseline status at least on frontal lobe.
So I would like to validate the difference between Abnormal baseline and
Normal baseline.
I thought that it had to be seemed to have differences on frontal lobe as
much as the difference between the result of No.1 and No.2.
But the result isn't like that I have thought, and even almost no
difference is appeared on frontal lobe.
Would anyone please explain about this ?. Is this kind of analysis possible
using SPM ?.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Ha-Kyu Jeong