Hello SPMers,

In a second level analysis I am getting essentially the same results with and without the covariate in the analysis.  Also, the cluster-level corrected p-values are in some cases lower than the voxel-level uncorrected p-values.  How can this be?

In the first level analysis I am outputting contrast images from two sets of conditions for each of two gender groups. In the second level I am comparing the two groups (as advised) by means of a "Single-subject: conditions & covariates" analysis -as one subject, two conditions (groups as conditions) and one covariate. Is there some fault in this way of analysis?   Please advise.

With thanks,

Brandall Y. Suyenobu
Research Associate
UCLA/CURE Neuroenteric Disease Program
Veterans Administration Greater LA Healthcare System
(310) 478-3711 ext 40580