Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:48:03 -0500
To: "Franklin, Teresa" <[log in to unmask]>
From: Badreddine Bencherif <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Brodman's Atlas
Bcc:
anatomical regions.  I am using spm '99 in MNI space.  Once the images have
been normalized, smoothed, etc... it is difficult to determine exact
brodman's areas of activation.  What I would love to do is plop my MNI space
images down on top of an image labeled with Brodman's areas and tada! - i
would have my answers. Does this atlas exist - or what is the next best
thing?  Thanks so much for you help. teri-)

I use the transform MNI to T & T space provided by Mathew Brett
http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk /Imaging/mnispace.html

and then look in the T & T atlas (hard copy, I do not have the digital form).

I do not know of a MNI space atlas  labeled with Brodmann's area. Is this atlas exist or should it be created?.

How important is it to report Brodmann's area besides coordinates in T & T space derived from MNI that 's one question to be answered knowing that the brain from T & T does not reflect the average brain anatomy ( one subject plus deformation of the brain etc ...).

Evidently teams are working on this issue but it is not reflected (in the method section: I did not find a standard derived from a consensus) in the available published litterature to the best of my knowledge.

Didine

--
Badreddine Bencherif, MD
Department of Radiology