The analyses with and without slice timing should both use the
same amount of memory.  Sometimes it is useful to quit matlab
and start it over again before running a large analysis.  This
may sometimes free up some of memory, particularly if certain
routines have crashed out inelegantly.

Otherwise, make sure that no other memory hogging applications
had started on the computer at the same time as you were trying
to run your analysis.

Bets regards,
-John