Dear SPM users,

a question about significance levels.

We have done a  second level analysis using a 2 sample t-test between 2
groups (13 pts vs 13 controls) using a pre-defined ROI on basal ganglia.

Is it correct to consider significantly different between the two groups
foci of activation displayed at a incorrected p =.001 and Z> 3.09, even if
I used a small ROI?

Considering that fMRI activation in BG is consistently smaller (30%) than
in other structures can we consider significant activations foci diplayed
at a higher p (p=.01, Z >2.33)?

About covariate (simple regression analysis), we are still using small ROI
for the analysis. Which levels of significance indicates correlations
between activation foci and my covariate of interest?

Any reference I can check at this regard on SPM99?

Thanks

Francesca