Dear SPM Community,
When preprosessing fMRI data, I set the origin in the fl3d-image using three one decimal numbers (then I reorient the image). Then I set the origin in the EPI-images, using three one decimal numbers. After this has been done,  I use the display function to check the images. I have noticed that in the box on the lower right end of the window, the new origin is given but without the decimals that I used when editing the header file. And looking at the image I notice that the crosshairs sometimes seems to have changed position slightly.
My question is: Does spm use the decimals when editing the header file, or should I just give the origin in whole numbers?
And: After I have set a new origin in the fl3d image, I reorient it. When the image has been reoriented, the crosshairs also seems to change position. Does this matter? Should I reorient before I set origin?
Hope you  can help!
sincerely yours,
Lars M. Rimol
Dept. of Medical and Biological Psychology
Division of Cognitive Neuroscience
University of Bergen
phone: +47-55586285