> When I use trilinear or sinc methods, a large chunk of the inferior-most slice
> is chopped for many volumes (sometimes the whole slice). Sometimes the
> superior-most slice is chopped off instead.  Just to be clear, the slices that I
> say are chopped still show up as part of the volume--i.e., when viewed, 12 image
> frames still show up, but the image in the first frame is cut off or not present
> at all.  Some have suggested that this may be a masking problem--I have masking
> turned off.  I tried to add additional inferior and superior slices as suggested
> in the MEDx FAQ but this did not help.

I think this is unavoidable in the process of correcting for motion,
especially when you have a small number of slices.  For example, if the
head moves upwards during the scan a significant fraction of the slice
thickness, then no more data is thereafter collected where the lowest
slice used to be.  Also, the uppermost slice is now in a position where no
previous data had been collected.  So, in correcting the motion, if you
want to see only the voxels who have data for the entire scan, you are
going to have to throw out the voxels that are on the edges of your
volume.

> Also, is there any objective measure of post-realignment motion (including
> rotation)?  Center of intensity motion is helpful but I am uncomfortable
> ignoring rotation.

The SPM alignment function outputs both translation and rotation
parameters, listed both in the realignment parameter files created in the
image directories and in the graphic output.

keith