I'm using SPM99 to do parametric analyses of an event-related fMRI
experiment. I want to look at factors that predict the magnitude of the
BOLD response to individual words e.g. frequency, length.

A previous email to the list suggests that SPM can accept multiple
parametric modulators:

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0102&L=spm&D=0&m=4964&P=25502

However, if I specify more than one parameter of these words and estimate
the model, the parametric columns in the design matrix are greyed-out as
"not estimable". I guessed that this was because some of the parameters
were correlated with each other.

I've tried including only columns that are not significantly correlated (by
a pearson correlation), but still can't estimate these columns. I've also
tried using the matlab "orth" function to orthogonalize the matrix of
parameters to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Matt

 Matt Davis
 MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit
 15 Chaucer Road, Cambridge, CB2 2EF

 email: [log in to unmask]
   tel: 01223 355 294 (#266)    NOTE New telephone
   Fax: 01223 359 062           extension number