Dear All,

Finally got my brain mask to work, however, the results
are less than spectacular. I had hoped to increase
sensitivity by applying the mask to EPI data, before using
the GLM to estimate significance. However, when I look at
the results only 0.6 resels are being sampled. This compares
to 380 resels when I don't use a mask. I guess this is a
side-effect of masking, which must be introducing "un-smoothness"
into the dataset. Is this the correct interpretation?

I have read that if one applies a mask at the SVC stage, the
resel count is based on the smoothness of the whole head data.
My questions are: 1.) is this a more/less valid approach than
applying the mask to EPI data (as above)? and 2.) is there any
way of obtaining an image of the SPM, when masking at the SVC
stage?

Any suggestions/comments greatly appreciated.

Yours,

Jon.

Jonathan Brooks Ph.D. (Research Fellow)
Magnetic Resonance and Image Analysis Research Centre
University of Liverpool, Pembroke Place, L69 3BX, UK
tel: +44 151 794 5629      fax: +44 151 794 5635