Dear SPMers,

I am a beginner of SPM. I have some problems while using VOI to plot. My eve
nt-related experiment had 6 to 10 events depending on the subject's behavior
(button press). And we have 3 sessions. My problem is that I can only plot t
he signal intensity change of session 1, but not the other two. When I choos
e the VOI button, adjust data for (select contrast) any event or do not adju
st, choose sphere and radium 5mm or 0mm, apply the filter to session 1, then
I can get Y values (but not y value); however, when asked "which session(s)
(in [1,3])", if I write 2; or 3; or 2,3; or 1,2,3, then the command window w
ould show error message like below:
   $B%( (JMATLABR11 $B%( (Jspm99 $B%( (Jspm_regions.m
224==>    j=[j sSDM.Sess{xY.Sess(xY.Sess)}.row]
Error while evaluating uicontrol callback

What is my real error?  Would you please explain me the value difference bet
ween y and Y?
What is the purpose in choosing the adjust data? If I want to plot the value
s of event 1 from session 1, which one should I choose, session 1, or effect
of interests, or do not adjust, or which one? The contrast I used for event
1 was like (1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0), here we had
7 events in session 1; 8 in session 2; and 10 events in session 3. I clicked
'none' when asked for proportional scaling. My purpose is to get the plot fo
r each event, if I can get Y (or y) plot for one event in each session, shou
ld I do the mean (Y of session 1+session 2+session 3)/3 to represent the act
ivity of the event?

All my questions above are related to each individual subject, not as a grou
p. Thanks for your help in forward.

best regards,

Lihong

Lihong Wang, MD, Ph D
Department of Integrative Physiology
National Institute for Physiological Sciences
Myodaiji,  Okazaki, 444,  Japan
Tel: +81-564-55-7768 Fax: +81-564-52-7913
E-mail: [log in to unmask]