Dear Felice,

You need to use a process known as 'back-normalization'. Others probably have
more experience than me with this but in principle it is simple. I'm assuming
you have a structural T1 MRI for your subject.

1) You need to make a copy of the spm single subject T1 template. You are going
to back normalize this to your subject's T1 MRI.

2) You need to smooth the subject's T1 MRI with an 8x8x8 filter as spm uses
smoothing in the normalization process. You should also set the origin of this
image to the ac point (by hand- using display functions).

3) You now normalize the single subject T1 template to your subject's T1 MRI.
Just remember to select the template when prompted for the object and your
subject's smoothed MRI when prompted for the target. This will produce a
*sn3d.mat file which can be used to transform any other data (such as
thresholded t-maps), generated for that subject in MNI space, back to their own
unique space.

You need to bare in mind two things:

1) This is not a perfect solution, it is not the same as 'inverting' the
*sn3d.mat file that transformed the subject's MRI into MNI space, I'm not sure
that that can be done.

2) Of course, the coordinates that activations will now have in the subject's
own space will be meaningless in general terms, but could be used to spatially
compare within subject activity.

Cheers.

Alex.