----------
From: Francoise Rosset <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: recommendations for texts on Russian Women
Date: 18 January 2001 20:26

Kollegi:
It has been two years since I last taught my course on Women in
Russian Culture, and I could use some specific recommendations about
newer books. I've used combinations of various books and several articles
in the past.
We explore, among others: women writers, women in politics, literature
on the "woman question," and women in the arts, esp. Nijinska and women
of the Avant-Garde.
I know what I want to order for the arts portion, but I would welcome
opinions on the following:

*your favorite/most useful anthology --older or recent-- of literary
texts by Russian women.
*any favorite/most useful anthology or text on Russian women in general,
in politics, history, the arts etc.

Thank you for your help.
-FR

Francoise Rosset                          phone:  (508) 286-3696
Department of Russian                     fax:    (508) 286-3640
Wheaton College                           e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Norton, Massachusetts 02766