On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Penelope Mullen wrote:

> I was concerned by the item in the Observer yesterday "Milburn set to
> outlaw unofficial NHS reports".
> I have looked at the Section in question (Section 59 of the Health
> and Social Care Bill).
> I am not a lawyer so I might be misinterpreting this, but I am very
> concerned about Clause 10(c) because of its potentially very wide
> interpretation.
> In addition, Clauses 4(c) and 12(a) appear to have potentially
> serious consequences for patient confidentiality.
> Have I got this wrong?
> Can anyone help?
> Penny
> (Penelope Mullen)

I think there is a lot of concern about Clause 59. Cn you please tell us a
bit more about what the Observer said or a website for the article.

Alison Macfarlane

Please think before you press the 'Reply' button!   Note that if you press
the 'Reply' button your message will go the individual who posted this message
not to the list.  With many mailers you will have a 'Reply-to-All' button that
will send automatically to the list address of <[log in to unmask]>.  The
Radstats list is set up for public discussion so please be generous with your
thoughts and share them us all.