Apologies for cross-postings.  I have been asked by a colleague at Penguin
books to forward information on the following event:

Penguin is very pleased to announce that Frans de Waal, eminent
primatologist, will be in the UK for two days next week for the publication
of his new book, THE APE AN THE SUSHI MASTER.  A very rare visit to the UK,
he can be seen in conversation with Colin Tudge at the following event.
Please do pass this on to colleagues/ students/ friends and interested
parties.

Monday 18th June, 7pm
at the Royal Insitution, 21 Albemarle Street, Piccadilly, London W1X 4BS

CULTURE: A PRIVILEGE RESERVED FOR HUMANS ALONE?

Described by Edward O Wilson as "the world authority on primate behaviour",
Frans de Waal will be over from the US to discuss culture in primates with
Colin Tudge.   De Waal's new book, THE APE AND THE SUSHI MASTER, looks at
how animals are capable of creating and sustaining culture, which some
people believe to be humanity's last remaining claim to superiority over the
animal kingdom.  Colin Tudge recently wrote IN MENDEL'S FOOTNOTES. Previous
works include THE VARIETY OF LIFE and THE DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY.

Tickets: £7, £5 concessions (020 7670 2985)

THE APE AND THE SUSHI MASTER
Published by Allen Lane the Penguin Press
Available now, £16.99 hardback

Penguin's Wrights Lane offices will be relocating in June and July
2001. Our new address is 80 Strand, London, WC2R 0RL.
Switchboard Tel. 020 7010 3000, Fax 020 7010 6060.
Please contact the sender for further information.
Our distribution centre remains unchanged at Bath Road,
Harmondsworth, Middlesex, UB7 0DA.

Visit the new Penguin web site at www.penguin.co.uk

are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please
notify us immediately, then delete this e-mail.