As one victim of foot and mouth, I like it.

Me? A victim?

Yes. It wrecked my weekends, stopping me from walking anywhere in the
country for months.

A trivial observation? Possibly. But it shows that farmers are by no means
the only victims.

I have a great deal of sympathy for the hotel keepers, pub owners, B&B
proprietors and others whose lives have been thrown into turmoil by a
farming community that too often shows little regard for the rest of society
and thinks that we owe it a living.

So, will any of the proceeds go to the hotel we like on the Lizard that has
doubtless been hit hard this year because farmers have forgotten the
simplest facts of the science of contagion?

MK

Michael Kenward
Science, Technology, Business Writer
www.michael.kenward.dial.pipex.com