Use of "I" and 'we' appears to heve real life effects.  a study to be published in _Psychosomatic Medicine analyzed the use of these terms in poetry written by poets who committed suicide compared to poets who didn't.  Thse who killed themselves used significantly more first-person singular pronouns and fewer first-person plurals.  Doesn't seem related to the quality of the poetry though as the matched non-suicidal poets were equals as poets in a ery loose sense.  One of the authors is a highly respected psychological researcher and the article can be downloaded at http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/homepage/faculty/pennebaker/reprints/index.html

tom bell

Metaphor/Metonym for health at http://members.tripod.com/~trbell/metaphor/metapho.htm

Black Winds Press at http://members.tripod.com/~trbell/lifedesigns/blackwin.html