Books currently crowding my bedside shelf -

The Fatal Shore, Robert Hughes - hugely enjoyable
Bloodaxe Collection of Finnish Poetry - brilliant
Writing GNU Emacs Extensions
501 French Verbs - I mean, where do they get 501? ( and 413 Welsh Verbs - just where do they get the numbers from ?)
Rough Guide to to France
Programming Perl, 3rd ed
XSLT
Java (the mag not the language)
Never Entered - Rebecca Wolff - excellent
L'Etranger - Camus
Content is not king - http://firstmonday.org/issues/issue6_2/odlyzko/
TV go home - http://firstmonday.org/issues/issue6_2/odlyzko/
(Both excellent counter-intuitive articles)

reading a lot as one of our cats barfed on the remote control and killed it dead. It's little green light don't flicker no more. I feel I should bury it. I might well do.

Roger.