from NOSTALGIE

          Loose meat

          in my freak-show days
          on the cusp of empire
          soapy hands on twenty ideal sacs
          weaseling for the sound committee

          I'd come on all night as ribs
          and chalk in the northern trips
          marking time before each signal eked out
          those bobbing turds and chiselled

          juice from the tired escarpment
          making every eye ache at the prefecture
          all kettles and crumbs
          lapping up capacity for ruinous days

          there then / as if a fillet in
          perpetual amber articulated solder wings
          grunted for local cabbage
          for improvised pork all pins and mustard

          Iım staking teeth on it
          here at broadcast depth
          shaving off each dirty hole as I rinse
          and rinse the steakhouse knives

          old gasoline farts and echoes as I say
          beyond the soiled retinal glare
          my townıs ratings fused with lead
          still pleasuring the wreck of mother

          one can sit and burn intrusive meat
          recording the one chair in a violet room
          each long stew of tongues
          toiling the pan of the blunt lounge

          it is (as promised) all here for you now
          wrapped in dog skins / wrapped in lungs
          the contraband of little men
          gasping in a bed