What a lovely poem to wake up to this Christmas morn, Frank--thank you!

Which I can finally pause to say, with the roast beast stuffed and in the
oven, and all the Harry Potter books unwrapped--everyone and _my_ brother
having decided that I must read them. (That's okay, they're all unwrapping
the RING trilogy by now, heh heh heh.)

Your "leans out" recalls, for me, "there are children in the morning/they
are leaning out for love/and they will lean that way forever..."
("Suzanne"). Yup, forever.

Candice

P.S. Liz, your Christmas Eve post was the last one I read before succumbing
to visions of sugarplums dancing with turkeys, so thanks for that too!