On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 17:37:14 -0000, david.bircumshaw
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Erminia
>
>you were a felale hidden behind a busg?
>
>And, exactly who are they who should be telling me?
>
>(you see, I can joke too)
>
>Best
>
>Dave

How strange, though...you seemed to have perfectly understood what “felale”
and “busg” were signifying: is this because you are the true orthographic
corrector? Or because dialogue goes beyond long-sight problems and
keyboards?

As for my doubts about your ability to blush for modesty….. I have lived in
honey England long enough to know that when English men blush is only for
sexual arouse -ment.  For the rest: well…it is all a mannerism: this is
what it appears to be: people here learn that to be accepted they have to
understate themselves: so here you have the wide range of idioms connected
to shyness, nervousness of the others, bashfulness of one’s merits. A pose,
come on.
Matter of fact: English are a very proud people: warriors.
But warriors that have learned  - because of King Arthur and his courtly
manners – to be Manneristic.
Oh, yes, you know, here in England – before you open your mouth ,  you have
to suppose that people would – at your words – blush, be terribly
embarrassed, resulting in humiliation and resentment.

It is all a pose: I do not understand why you do not admit it: matter of
fact, you are the proud race. And your faces are made of stone, if not
granite.