> I am so sick of you people.  Self-righteous, irresponsible, consumed
> with envy ...

Really, Frederick, I do think that statement out of order. Why does 'envy' keep showing its unappealing head in these debates? Me, I'm more consumed with sorrow than anything else. I have to confess I can barely watch the news or read a paper anymore, it feels to me as if a totalitarian world-view is invading everywhere, not just Afghanistan. I've always respected the commitment to free speech and debate in US culture, surely any healthy culture needs dissent?

But now it seems that's all a thing of the past.

David Bircumshaw

Leicester, England

Home Page

A Chide's Alphabet