>> Sorry, Candice, but when did I do that? I was talking about certain
>> qualities in relation to the +pursuit of writing poetry+, the folly, the
>> stupidity of a love for it, but I wasn't making an aesthetic out of it.
I'd
>> return to the Eliotic reference, the need for poets to be both extremely
>> sophisticated and extremely primitive, I translate this as clever and
Dave

It is necessary to be neat and exact here: stupidity is no synonymous of
folly, David. Far from it. It is inapplicable to the intellectual
application of men's genius to poetry writing. Leave alone the poor
dispossessed sized by stupidity, who roam around in the street, unlooked
after by the State.

Streets are overwhelmed with "stupid" and stupified people which will not
recover from their condition (being stupidity  irreversible), who will
never be successful in life, let alone have a job and money to survive.
Let's not be vague, here. I bet none of you would really wish for oneself
the condition of being "stupid". The same I hope you wish for your children.
Neither do I think you can ever attribute stupidity to poetry (maybe you
mean Carnival-esque folly, in the Bakhtin's sense of " light-heartedness ".

I think in the English speaking world, little children in the schools from
nursery to secondary are constantly called  with the epithet "of Studio
(don’t be silly, Joe, don’t' be stupid, Jane) as to root in them the
stable  belief that, in fact, Ban adult thinks he is stupid it is because
they really are stupid…..In my own country, if in a school, a teacher calls
a child "stupid", in private or in public,  the parents are entitled to
take the teacher  to court for having intended to fabricate
a "psychological damage" into their  child’s mind.

Erminia
One has to research ointo the actual emaning of words before uttering it to
define one's and other people's status.

I agree with Candice, of course.

Erminia