I didn't know why I thought of him when I read your poem either, Martin,
until Robin associated it with Brecht and _Three Penny Opera_--Bobby Darin's
biggest hit was "Mack the Knife." (Spoooky, huh?)

Candice

P.S. Tacked a little poem on below yours. It's very recent and probably no
good at all, but the mood meets the duskiness of Harriet's poem and the dark
shed in yours--even if mine can't say, when it comes to morning.

Tenebrisquet

too dark to cook
the meat's burnt
a shade along