1. the 'I' in the poem has not been set as possessing a western voice nor
does she expresses a western vision of the world, so I do not understand
your connection with the Pentagon. (from a non relativistic point of view,
certainly not a westernized one, one could make connections with any
violated functional-notional system, even one's nose) Neither can it be
said that the 'I' in the poem coincides with the author's identity. It is
clearly not the case...
It is a dramatic monologue kind of 'I'.

2. you can change superfluous with unwanted and read the poem as above,
because the two terms can be easly interchanged.

“Given birth”

In your womb I was no slave
I was made one in the very moment
my nakedness was uprooted
out of your violated fissure
and lifted up into this world of pain

branded new born
vexed by an unwanted faith
I  fight hidden
behind the veil of a superfluous blessing

(first version)

“Given birth”

In your womb I was no slave
I was made one in the very moment
my nakedness was uprooted
out of your violated fissure
and lifted up into this world of pain/fear

branded new born
vexed by a superfluous faith
I  fight hidden
behind the veil of an unwanted blessing

(second version with interchangeable elements for the readers to choose in
accordance with their individual tastes).

Erminia