On Saturday 28 July 2001 12:00, you wrote:
> Hi Chris and anyone interested,
>
> Found my copy of Susan Hampton's White Dog Sonnets. If I may quote a few
> lines, without disturbing copyright here are two short selections:

Hi Jill

thanks for that. . .

After reading Martin J's sonnet square (just love the first title; duende in
darlinghurst) and John T's sonnets online it strikes me that putting White
dog on the Internet would be a good idea, too. . . and  there are probably
quite a few other now out of print chap books and collections that could be
included, when I really start to think about it. David Herkt is another that
comes to mind. I know I have also made vague promises about making Zenia
freely available online now it is out of print and I had intended finishing
Bar-B-Q for online since it is only about 24 pages, when I get around to
extracting the drafts from me old Mac SE hard drive.

Problem for me is I am way behind schedule with my current  book (narrative
structural problems to solve) and can't afford the distraction, let alone my
isolated position. Perhaps you could spin the idea of putting Susan's book
online around some of yr contacts in Sydney, just as you do the rounds. I
don't expect you to go out of yr way, of course. Just an idea. Maybe one of
the unis like Sydney uni or UNSW. (Is Margaret B still at UNSW, I'm sure she
may be able to help???) Actually I haven't even done a google to see if it is
there already. (I know this sounds slack, but in rural Aust people have
actually died because the only phone-line is tied up on an Internet
connection, so my time is further limited.)

best wishes

Chris Jones

--
i live on the edge of the aussie outback
and go bush beyond email access

i don't ignore yr post
simply wait and i will reply