-----Original Message-----
From: Poetryetc provides a venue for a dialogue relating to poetry and
poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Martin J. Walker
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 8:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Levinas's door/ collaboration

The truest poetry is the most fain-ing
(cf. "she faynes to tell false tales" by the soi-disant Spenser, not the
detective ~ ?)
eros, the rose and the sore ~ ores (et déjà vu)
Den furchtbaren Trank, der der Qual mich vertraut, ich selbst, ich selbst,
ich hab' ihn gebraut!
I? I? I?
           And ye?
( that old refrain/keeps Pounding in my ears)
or
I have stared at my face till there is no one there
(says Robert Kelly, my best bet for a mystical/mythological poet of our
time, Maria, and a Buddhist of sorts who refers more to Milarepa ~ or
Milaraspa ~ than Nagarjuna)
may sunyata be with you
Martin