> It would all have to start again from the beginning, since patriarchy
> has shaped all our notions of power.  Now that Paraguay's out for
> ideal societies, I suppose that means another planet.  Or another
> galaxy?  Another dimension?
>
> Myself, I think the really _radical_ solution would be a society in
> which men and women were genuinely equal, and in which notions of
> power were evolved from different premises from the ones they are
> now.  It's actually quite a lateral step from where we are.  But not
> -  in the microcosm - impossible.  It does also require re-imagining
> from the ground up.
>
> Al of the Utopias

Another dimension is my current suspicion. There was one called 'the
imagination' but it looks to me as if the powers that be intend to occupy
that as well. It being a commercially valuable property.

It's absolutely true about the necessity of rebeginning from the ground up,
there's been a few times in my life where I had the chance to create or
influence work situations where a beginning of such conditions existed, but
as soon as they were noticed they were speedily undermined from above, as it
were. One of the things that has been so noticeable in recent weeks is the
pervasive influence of the conservative mind, these people want things to
stay as they are because I think they love their power, and the inequalities
it depends on, so much. It's their raison d'être.

Ah well, Ms Utopia, in another life maybe ....

Best

Dave

David Bircumshaw

Leicester, England