I've not had the pleasure of Olson's manifesto, but I
am sure that someone will say that it is limiting and
that this is a problem, they always do, imagining
presumably that there is someway of writing verse that
isn't limited, it is words not pure thoughts but it is
this very limit that is expressive. How meaningless to
complain for example a way of doing art is limited:
oil paintings are flat: good,, if they weren't no one
would have had to invent perspective... and how much
fun was had making them describe the third and fourth
dimensions. I like very much the propsition that
poetry is only syllabuls how marvelously playful to
have to worry about those left out little sylabuls,
personally the letter is the thing, take care of them
and and the rest takes care of itself.

more power to your larynx Ali