Elizabeth Daryush, yes: "Note" dated 1934.
> syllabic metres (by which I mean metres governed only by the number of
syllables to the line, and in which the number and position of the stresses
may be varied at will) and are so printed as a reminder to the reader to
follow the natural speech-rhythm...In accentual verse the metre demands and
justifies the use both of optional and incomplete elisions, but these are
obviously out of place in a purely syllabic system....reduction of the
syllabic units to their limit, so as to prevent uncertainty....I have long
thought that on some such system as this for base, it should be possible to
build up subtler and more freely-followed accentual patterns than can be
obtained either by stress-verse proper, or by the traditional so-called
syllabic metres. >
She doesn't mention the "odd number" principle in this extract (_Selected
Poems ~ from Verses I-VI _); I don't have _Verses VII_, which Carcanet also
published.
Martin